Most people who are always feeling sleepy in the afternoon would always depend on the foods that give energy such as energy drinks, coffee and other vending machine items that you can find around the corner. There are healthy foods that give you energy and will also provide you with all the vital nutrients that you need. They can give you a boost but if you take foods that are overflowing in calories like soda, candy bars, chips and others, they will only make you feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. Here are some of the foods that are effective in giving you good energy level that you can eat to last all day.
- Raw Nuts – the nuts are full of mineral magnesium that can help you convert the sugar into energy. They contain fiber and healthy fats that can keep you feeling full all day long. With the handful of almonds, cashew nuts and hazelnuts, you can be sure that these can provide you with good benefits.
- Citrus Fruits – the citrus foods include grapefruits, oranges and tangerines that are rich with vitamin C. It is a good source of antioxidants, immune system enhancer, and also helps your body to absorb more iron. If you keep on eating citrus fruits daily, you can have enough vitamin C that can give you energy for a longer period of time.
- Seeds – pumpkin and sunflower seeds are rich in B vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, protein, iron and magnesium that help fight fatigue. They are one of the foods that give you energy and fight the hunger. They can keep you full until the time that you have the next meal. You can be sure that you will have the energy source that you need while waiting for the next meal.
- Spinach – it has an uncountable nutrient that helps your body function properly. If you happen to don’t eat spinach you can also take any green and leafy vegetables like kale that can also provide you great benefits.
- Broccoli – this is also packed with folic acid, vitamin C and carotenoids. These substances are all full of energy sources that you can use in your daily needs. By making the broccoli as a part of your diet you are sure to get a higher energy level all day long.
- Yogurt – the yogurt is full of B vitamins, protein and other nutrients, most especially the Greek yogurt. If you are in need and always in a hurry in the morning you can simply take yogurt drinks that can help you have a jump start all day. The yogurt can provide you with energy that your body needs in the right manner.
- Eggs – the egg play an important part of foods that give you energy. They are an energy enhancer that includes phosphorus, zinc and chromium. Since they are rich in protein they can contribute to your fullness in a long time. If you eat eggs during your breakfast you can be sure to have the mid-hunger disappear.
These are the seven foods that can bring your energy level to the highest. You need to cut the junk foods as they can only make you hungrier and more tired all day. If you want to take your snack, you can take the healthy foods that are given above to make sure that you get the right energy source to make you last all day long.